5 Summer Treats for Dogs
Watermelons, ice creams, and cold fresh juices mark summer for humans. This brings us to the question, do dogs have summer food as well?
Well, yes! But, dogs do have the tendency to eat less during the summer. This is because of the limited physical activity that they are exposed to during summer this season. That said, we have come up with a set of 5 healthy summer treats that your dog might love even if they don’t eat their regular food. These foods are also good in reducing body heat in dogs and protect them from Heatstroke to a larger extent.
- Frozen Chicken Cubes: Dogs love to play with ice cubes. Slice chicken into shreds and freeze them with water. In case your furry baby likes the taste, try feeding them with rice.
- Watermelons: Watermelons are packed with nutrients and is also known as a food powerhouse. The fruit has about 92 percent of water and is a great source of hydration. But, here is something that you must know if you are feeding it to your pet. The watermelon seeds are really harmful and can cause an intestinal block. Therefore remove the seeds and the rind and before you give them to your pet.
- Buttermilk Cubes: Just like humans, dogs love buttermilk as well. Freeze buttermilk into cubes and feed them in the middle of the day.
- Chicken and Cheese: Dogs love cheese. Apply cheese on shreds of chicken and feed them. Freezing them and feeding is an option.
- Baby food pops: You can feed your furry baby with human baby food. Make sure that they do not have any toxic ingredients. You can either feed them right from the can or freeze it overnight and then feed them.
These are the recipes that have proven successful for many pet parents. That said, it is necessary that you check with your vet before you feed anything to your pet.
Let us know what your dog loves to eat during summer in the comments section below.