13 things to do before you take your pet on a vacation
Having a pet is a long-term commitment. It is a common myth that you will have to give up on vacations if you have a pet. But, that is not the case. You can take your pet along with you when you go out on vacations. Vacations are so much fun when you have your furry buddy with you.
Here are a few things that you need to do before you take your dog along with you on a vacation. This is to ensure that you and your furry baby have a peaceful and lively trip.
1. Plan for the trip at least a week in advance.
2. Check if the place is pet-friendly.
3. Research the climatic conditions of the place and find out if your dog will be comfortable in that place.
4. Check with your vet before you start the trip.
5. Pack basic meds prescribed by your doctor.
6. If you are planning a trek, purchase a travel water bottle for your dog.
7. Take your dog’s license and other vaccination documents.
8. If you are taking your dog in an RV or a car for the first time, take short trips every day for a week.
9. Seal proof the windows. Your dog might enjoy sticking out its head but doing that while traveling can cause severe injuries to its earlobes.
10. Get a pet barrier attached to your car or RV. Leaving dogs unrestrained can cause accidents both to the driver and the dog.
11. Have a secondary collar that has your name, address and phone number.
12. Get a pet t-shirt, this protects your dog from infections caused due to the contact with insanitary roads.
13. Don’t leave them alone in the car. If you must, make sure that you have a pet monitor attached to the car. Shop a pet monitor today and get 10 months’ worth subscription free.
Hope you found this helpful. Do let us know the steps that you take while going on a trip with your furry baby in the comments section below.